SEO (or Search Engine Optimization) is the process of getting more eyeballs to your website in the search engines through the “organic” or “un-paid” search results…
But the thing is, we both know that you have to pay someway to get to the top of Google… be it with your time or with your money… it’s not free!
Now I know there’s a lot of hype out there when it comes to Search Engine Optimization, but the bottom line is once you get top rankings… you get free exposure every time someone searches for your keyword and it’s damn hard to knock you off! This is why SEO is a great long-term solution… but certainly isn’t a “magic pill” because it takes time to get to the top (and in some markets, it’s darn near impossible).
Listen, SEO isn’t for everybody… basically, you need to figure out how much a lead is worth to you and go from there…
For example, we’ve found that businesses who have “big-ticket” items or on-going clients are happiest paying for SEO.
Here are some businesses we feel SEO would benefit…
- Real Estate Agents/Brokers
- House Painters
- Financial Planners
- Insurance Agents
- General Contractors
- Plastic Surgeons
This is not an exhaustive list, of course, but you get the idea.
So, why do you want to be #1 in the search results, anyway?
Well, for one thing… the chances that your business will be found increase greatly (and we have some stats below that will tell you why).
But another good reason to go after that first position in the search rankings is because people like to work with the best… and, subconsciously, people will make that judgment about you… whether it works in your favor or not.
So, what exactly are you paying for with SEO?
Good question! You’re paying for the process of getting you ranked on top of Google, because it takes a lot of work!
The first thing we need to do is set your website up properly so it has a solid foundation to build on.
Here’s what we usually do for setup…
- We do extensive keyword research to find most valuable keywords and assess what competition is doing.
- We structure your website pages and links for maximum SEO benefits.
- We go through your website pages and make sure all have SEO title tags, descriptions and keywords.
- We create custom landing pages to convert visitors to leads and sales (because that’s the point, right?!)
- We create an email autoresponder to follow up with interested prospects.
- We add a professionally-designed blog that fits with your website brand, because Google loves blogs.
- We do keyword research to come up with blog post topics to help your website’s overall ranking for key keywords, as well as helping rank for related long-tail keywords.
- We connect all social media sites so new blog posts automatically update sites.
- We create an XML sitemap and submit it to Google.
- We set up Google Analytics to track web traffic and conversions.
- We make sure you are registered with Google Maps and have it properly set up.
Ahh, but if that was all there was to it, things would be so easy, wouldn’t they?
Unfortunately, there is more to it than that, and it requires quite a lot of monotonous grunt work. Sure, you could do it… IF you have a lot of time on your hands.
Here are the strategies we typically use for your monthly SEO campaign…
- We set up a “link pyramid” structure that sends the best links to your site and the lowest quality to “satellite sites” that also link to your website.
- We create Web 2.0 content that links to your website (PR2 – PR9).
- We get you some .EDU and .GOV domain backlinks.
- We get you some High Page Rank backlinks (PR5 – PR1).
- We write a guest blog post with a link back to your site on a website that is in your niche.
- We submit your website to a bunch of directories.
- We create a custom Youtube video and submit it to other video sites with links back to your website.
- We bookmark your website on Social Networking sites.
- We submit your website to RSS Feed sites.
- We ping each RSS Feed, Social Bookmark and Content Page to multiple ping services, ensuring that all pages are indexed quickly.
Jeffrey Harding, Recycle San Diego
- 42% of search users click the top-ranking link. 8% click the second-ranking link, and the click-through rate (CTR) continues to drop thereafter.
- When these two top-ranking links are artificially switched, the click-through ratio of 42-8% drops to 34-12%, demonstrating the importance of engaging copy in addition to rank position.
- 62% of search users click a link on the first page of search results.
- Only 23% of searches progress to the second page. Presumably the difference between 62% ans 23% stems from searchers trying either another keyword or another search engine… or giving up.
- 77% of search users choose organic over paid listings when searching, 67% choose organic search when purchasing.
- When the searcher is purchasing, organic click-through generates 25% higher conversion rates than equivalent Pay-Per-Click (PPC) click-through.
- 40% of SEO campaigns aware of their ROI achieve returns in excess of 500%, while only 22% of PPC campaigns were able to achieve this value.
- Daily use of search engines rose from 33% in 2002 to 59% in 2005. The average day in 2005 reported 60 million people using a search engine. As of March 2007, Google accounted for 64% of US searches and 77% of UK searches.
Here’s a list of clients we’ve already helped…
- Top Gun Realty in Tucson, AZ
- Recycle San Diego
- Blass Roofing in Tucson, AZ
- Integrity Transportation, Tucson, AZ
- Hotel Palma e Arte, Saranda, Albania
- Terini Travel, Saranda, Albania
- Cleanology Housekeeping, San Diego, CA
- Doodad Storage in Cortez, CO
- Cortez Cab
- Cruzan Irrigation in Cortez, CO
- San Diego Pro Cleaning
- Integrity Transportation in Tucson, AZ
- Cortez Yoga & Meditation in Cortez, CO
Lana Waters, Doodad Storage
Roland Coombes, iTouch Resume Solutions
How to get started…
We’ll only take a few new clients a month, so we can guarantee great results for everyone who works with us. Email us on our contact page or call 520-257-0555 and talk with Derek.